Friday, April 17, 2009

THREE MONTHS OLD...time sure flies!

I can't believe that just three months ago I became a mommy! I look at Chandani now and it all seems like a dream :) How could anyone be so lucky, so absolutely blessed to have such an opportunity to create a life and to share with that little life your love, hopes and faith. Nothing can prepare you for it. No one can quite put into words the enormous, all-encompassing love that will overtake you as you look down into those big, innoncent eyes that seem to plead for comfort, for compassion, for direction. The lyrics... " I am a child of God and he has sent me here. Has given me an earthly home with parents kind of dear. LEAD ME, GUIDE ME, WALK BESIDE ME. HELP ME FIND THE WAY. TEACH ME ALL THAT I MUST DO TO LIVE WITH HIM SOME DAY" take on a whole new meaning for me now. I now understand that it's my divine, god-given responsibility, as a woman, to bring this little spirit into the world and help them return to our Father in Heaven. How did Heavenly Father know I could do it? How could he trust someone as weak, flawed and often selfish as me to be a co-creater with him...the father of our spirits, the best parent there ever was? I don't know if I'll ever wrap my head around it, but there is one thing I do know...I thank my Father daily for giving me this chance to try and be like him...a parent!

To all you special mothers...as Mother's Day rapidly approaches...I say to you "I Love You for your sacrifices, for your examples, for being a Mother in Zion :)



1 comment:

  1. What a sweet post. Indeed, nothing seems like much of a sacrifice when we're doing it for our precious gifts from Heaven!!

    And a pre Happy Mothers' Day to YOU, mommy! :)

    ReplyDelete