Friday, January 8, 2010

Mommy's Little "Service" Snow Bunny!



Even with the weather turning freezing COLD lately, my little baby girl can always warm my heart! I've have so many chances to do service lately for people I don't even know very well, but have come to love. One such act of service was especially dear to my heart because my little Chandani got to help (as much as an 11 month old can) and go with me. The picture above is my little Snow Bunny all bundled up and ready to serve :)

An elderly sister in our ward is unable to do her own laundry, as last time she tried she fell and was hurt very badly, so I was asked if I could go get her laundry from her, wash it and bring it back. She has no husband, no children or grandchildren and all of her family has since passed away...SO SAD! However, she LOVES seeing Chandani at church each Sunday :)

So I go pick up her laundry, sort it and start washing and drying. I'm pulling the dried clothes out of the dryer and putting it into a basket on the floor when I feel little hands on the back of my legs. My little helper has crawled into the laundry room (away from her toys and tv) and is pulling things out of the dryer with me!!! :)

We decide instead of just picking up and dropping off we'll have a little visit. Chandani walks over to her rocking chair, holding onto the couch, and points up at this sister and smiles a HUGE smile as she chatters on with her, having a little conversation of their own. You should have seen this sister's face light up at such a warm, little greeting from mommy's little angel!

2 comments:

  1. Awww! That is one sweet baby with one sweet mommy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is nice to have the time and opportunity to help others!! Small things make a difference and seeing parents help others teaches children to do the same. My mom was a great example to me. Hopefully, my kids see us serve here and there. kudos!

    ReplyDelete