Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Floppy Seat Disaster...

Ok, a while back a good friend of mine posted a blog about her "Floppy Seat Disaster". Now, keep in mind I was still pregnant when I read her blog so I was like "Oooooh, I need to take notes so this doesn't happen to me". So that should have meant smooth sailing, righttttt????

So I go over all the steps before I leave the house...
1) Pack diaper bag with bottle, formula, warm water, diapers, wipes, spare clothes, ECT.
2) Make sure Floppy Seat is in the van
3) Bring Paci for any sudden melt downs
4) Grab Coupons (doing a little dance for coupons)
5) Grab phone that has grocery list on it, calculator feature...oh, and it can also just be used as a phone

I feel confident, covered all my bases...I'm ready :)

Get to Winn-Dixie and find a parking spot right next to the carts so that one will be at my disposal for "installing" the floppy seat while my sweet baby looks on from her comfy seat in the van (little tip from my aforementioned friend)

See DARK storm clouds overhead, hear loud thunder..."Uh, oh!" Getting nervous now!

Look at package with picture to see which side is front and which is back...seems simple enough. Look at strap and try to connect around back of seating area of grocery cart before realizing it's backwards and needs to be pulled out and fed back through so the strap can click together in the front instead of the back.

Proceed to do so, starting to sweat like a fat, farm pig while the "kart boys" look on with glee (raaaaaah!) "Why is this taking so long and why is my face starting to melt off like those guys who open the arc on that Indiana Jones movie?!"

Finally get it all settled in and unhook Chandani from her carseat in the van and put her in, place a fluffy blanket around her for added cushion on the sides of her and give her her Pooh Bear Snuggly for the shopping adventure. Place paci in mouth and reach for diaper bag to get out debit card for easy paying access later when in store. Now dripping sweat onto grocery cart...rarrrr!

Dig hand in bag, dig some more..."Awwww MAN!!!" Left my wallet AT HOME!!!


Chandani was even more displeased...I believe she said "MOMMY, YOU'VE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!"

Needless to say it was a good dry-run :) Had to go all the way back home, get my wallet and head back to the store. Got her set up again and did some heavy duty shopping!!!

Even saved $35 in deals and coupons...



Even with all the "no wallet drama" we had a GREAT "First Time in Floppy Seat" shopping trip!!!

4 comments:

  1. I hate it when stuff like that happens. Sadly though for me it happens ALL THE TIME. I am so forgetful! Chandani looks very cute - even with all the drama!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY GOSH! I want to tell you I'm so sorry but I can't stop laughing! But that SUCKS! I am not kidding you, there's NO WAY I would have been driving back up to the store. I would have called Orion, cried about the whole thing, and tried again another day. You are a way more dedicated grocery shopper than I am!! I'm so glad it went well with her in the seat, though. It definitey makes shopping a lot easier than having to push them around in their carrier. Until of course they can start unhooking the buckles and stand up in the front of the car. UGH! Why is my kid so crazy?!

    And for real, Chandani is just PRECIOUS sitting up in that cart. What a BIG and BEAUTIFUL girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that the first pic of Cha-Cha is the "Great, Mommy left her wallet at home" face! I'm forgetful too. I always have to check and double check to make sure I have a way to buy all the food I put in my buggy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This happened to me a few weeks ago, except I didn't realize my wallet was at home until after we had filled our buggy!

    ReplyDelete