Sunday, November 20, 2016

After 5 Months of Heavy Usage with Android

Some of you might know I have been heavily using Android OS for the past 5 months now on an Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge.  I loved the hardware but couldn't stand all the bloatware on the phone.  Most of the bloatware was from Samsung and it was difficult to defeat. 

So after 5 months of pain and frustration I made but yet another change, I will say it wasn't all negative.  I did however come to the conclusion in order for me to give Android OS a fair shake, I needed to try a more pure Google Android phone.  Well we all know there is the Google Nexus and now the Google Pixel phones out there, but with us trying to be debt free, who has $500 - $900 laying around.

So after doing some research I found the Motorola Moto X Pure Edition.  All I can say is that for $250 it is a great phone.  By the way that is $250 new from like BestBuy unlocked and is compatible with CDMA and GSM networks.  I was fortunate the Samsung S7 had great resale value so thanks to eBay I will make most of my investment back.

So only time will tell how great this phone is and my experience with Android OS.  I will say thus far, even with a slower CPU and 1GB less memory it is much more responsive than my S7 even after a fresh factory reset. 

Google is here to stay as part of my technology arsenal for now.  It is great to see awesome technology be affordable again.  Maybe it was always there and I was just not looking for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment